Okay, maybe I oversold this but it. What I will lay out are 5 ways to turn your dreams into goals. Not just pie in the sky plans but goals you can reach.
1. Think HUGE. Then think Bigger. I mean so very big it makes you scared, a little embarrassed, and concerned if you share your goals with anyone else they might laugh. If its that big then you're in the ball park.
2. Get SPECIFIC. Picture yourself 5 years from now. What are you doing? Where are you? What are you wearing? Be specific. Be so specific so that you can see that person. Talk to that person. Are you in your same house or somewhere different? Same job? Same haircut? Picture that person that is you.
3. Make a PLAN. Pretend that you have all the time in the world. No money obligations. No family obligations. If you had all the time in the world what would you do to achieve that goal. Would you go back to school? Get a certification? Join a gym? Would you see a therapist or a life coach? Would you fix your resume? Would you start a business plan for a coffee shop? If you could do anything you wanted what would it be?
4. Break it down into small steps. I'm talking teeny tiny steps. 5-10 minute steps. You need to clean up your resume? Find your old resume. That's one step. Search for a resume writer. That might be 2-3 steps broken down into google, Groupon, etc. Do a quick search of programs that get you the certification you want. Whatever the steps are make them really small.
5. Write the first 7 goals on your CALENDAR. (Or type them on your calendar but writing is better. That's a whole other topic.)
And that's it. A HUGE SCARY DREAM. Teeny, tiny steps. You are on your way.